From modest beginnings 30 years ago, Nahdi Medical Company has grown dramatically to become the largest retail pharmacy chain in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
Beginning with two small pharmacies in Jeddah was the foundation for what has since become a nation-wide network of more than 1,100+ stores and 10,000+ employees from 30+ different nationalities who serve more than 85 million guests every year.
It started in 1986, when Abdullah Al Nahdi acquired two stores, the journey of expansion has begun and it has completely redefined the retail pharmacy market in Saudi Arabia, which makes Nahdi one of the most prevalent, and the fastest growing companies in the region. Nahdi has been selected as one of the “Great Place to Work For” awards in Saudi Arabia, MENA and all over Asia.
About the Internship Program
Nahdi Medical Co. Internship (COOP) Program aims to attract talented undergraduate Saudi calibers to acquire hands-on work experience to meet the requirements of their universities.
The Internship Program is six-month training program tailored for experiential learning and firsthand experience working with great leaders, along with mentorship and training, where interns will get the chance to enhance their knowledge of the working world of Nahdi, develop their interpersonal and technical skills, and build a solid foundation for their future careers.
Over the internship period, interns will be challenged by working and leading live projects, tackle business milestones, discover how we lead and develop our teams, build skills and relationships that go beyond the six months at Nahdi.
About the Information Technology Department
As an Information Technology Intern, you will get the chance to work in one of the following functions:
IT Operations: Service management to support Nahdi’s business by providing innovative infrastructure, technology solutions, and services.
Business Intelligence: Development of business processes and strategies by implementing Business Intelligence Modules, as well as identifying business opportunities and finding out new ways to attract new Guests.
Corporate Applications: Manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of business application systems, as well as ensure the efficiency and reliability of transactional systems.
We’re looking for students:
- Currently studying towards Bachelor’s, or have recently graduated with one of the following majors: Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Management Information Systems, or any relevant majors.
- Saudi National or considered Saudi.
- Proficient in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, & Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
1. Online Application
- Fill out and submit your online application
2. Behavioral and Cognitive Assessment
- Based on your eligibility, you will be invited via email to take the Assessment.
3. Human Resources Interview
- Complete a competency-based interview with the Human Resources team
4. Business Interview
- Complete a technical interview with the Information Technology team.
Accepted students will start on January 1st, 2021 and finish on June 31st, 2021.
Nahdi was established in 1986 to be considered as the leading pharmacies chain in Middle East and North Africa. NMC's mission statement is to be the leading provider of the best products and services that improve the well-being of the communities we serve. We strive for excellence and attract the best talents, we maximize shareholder value and are good corporate citizens.